Crimethinc Days of War Nights of Love (Crimethink for Beginners)
"Your ticket to a world free of charge. Our flagship book, Days of War, Nights of Love, is the perfect starting place for anyone seeking a life of passionate revolt. It is a visionary manifesto, a daring challenge to everything we take for granted, a riotous explosive experiment of a book." - Crimethinc.
“This book isn’t designed to be used in the way a ‘normal’ book is. Rather than reading it from one cover to the other, casting perfunctory votes of disapproval or agreement along the way, and then putting it on the shelf as another inert possession, we hope you will use this as a tool in your own efforts—not just to think about the world, but also to change it. This book is composed of ideas and images we’ve remorselessly stolen and adjusted to our purposes, and we hope you’ll do exactly the same with its contents.
“As for the contents themselves: we’ve limited ourselves for the most part to criticism of the established order, because we trust you to do the rest. Heaven is a different place for everyone; hell, at least this particular one, we inhabit in common. This book is supposed to help you analyze and disassemble this world—what you build for yourself in it’s place is in your hands, although we’ve offered some general ideas of where to start. Remember: the destructive impulse is also a creative one . . . happy smashing! “
Your ticket to a world free of charge.
- Size 5.5" x 8.5" x .75"
- Weight .9 pounds
- Pages 292 + cover
- Words 68,361
- Illustrations 127
- Photographs 52
- Ink Full-color on cover and black w/ full bleeds throughout.
- Index Yes
Table of Contents:
- Preface: What is a “CrimethInc.”?
- Foreword by NietzsChe Guevara
- I. A Short History of the CrimethInc. Workers’ Collective
- II. Important Documents: A CrimethInc. Contra-diction-ary
- A is for Anarchy
- B is for the Bourgeoisie
- C is for Capitalism, and for Culture
- D is for Death, and for Domestication
- F is for Freedom
- G is for Gender
- H is for History, for Hygiene, and for Hypocrisy
- I is for Identity, for Ideology, and for Image
- L is for Love
- M is for their Media, for Movement, and for Myth
- P is for Plagiarism, for Politics, and for Production
- S id for Sex, and for Space
- T is for Technology, and for Theft; and finally,
- W is for Work
- III. Conclusion: Anywhere Out of This World
- Afterwor(l)d by Gloria Cubana
- About the Authors